Friday, May 23, 2008

Social butterfly - beautiful learning...

For years I have been bebo-ing and more recently facebook-ing. I wouldn't call myself a social person, but these networks certainly bring you and keep you in touch with a range of people throughout your life.

By looking at the other libraries that have pages on facebook, bebo or myspace, you can see there is a variety of methods in utilising these. I particularly like the Rotorua one. We have been trying to get a myspace page for youth for a number of years, however the ugly IT restrictions rear their head again.

As for second life, I have also been aware of libraries in here for some time, but forget it, I hardly have time for a first life....

Brilliant learning program, thank you PLS-SLNSW

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Congratulation, I'm glad you enjoyed the program. I've enjoyed reading your comments and hope you eventually have some success with getting your myspace page up.

Leanne